Friday, May 09, 2008

Another sign that you're getting older...

...is if you'd rather be regular than lose that extra ten pounds.

This is soooooo true, right? Within the last month, I've changed my breakfast selection considerably. Rather than eating cereal every morning with a piece of fruit, I now change it up to include real oatmeal (as opposed to those packets loaded with sugar). I had read that doing so will keep me from being hungry later in the day. And you know what? It's true!

Another added benefit, and this is something I didn't expect, is that I can now say, after 42 years of living... that I am now 'regular'. I have no idea why this is happening but if I don't eat my oats, then I am not regular and I decided just now, that if I had to choose between losing the extra weight I gained from my illness and being regular, I'd take being regular in a heart beat.

Fortunately I can have and do both.

No comments: