Saturday, November 22, 2008

Were the World Mine

Last night, Friday, Jay and I met up with some old friends of mine, Doug and Jose, for a fun evening of dinner, a movie, and coffee and desserts afterwards. We had an all around great time in the Fabulous City (my new name for New York City).

And, I ran into blogging celebrities Josh and Josh while standing in line. I looked over and recognizing them, I said, "Say!! You're Josh of Josh and Josh, right?" We had a nice time talking about the hoopla over the premier of the movie Were the World Mine. It seems every homo in NYC wanted to see this movie and the line was stretched down the block just to get in.

The movie itself was a wonderful experience. It tells a modern interpretation of A Midsummer Night's Dream. To be honest, every other version of that play has confused me...I guess it took a gay subtext to help me understand what was going on. The actors were great and the singing exceptional. And, it had a great ending (I hate movies with tragic endings).

If the movie is playing in your area, you simply must go see it. Below is the trailer for the film.

No comments: