Wednesday, October 03, 2007

RocketDock

I have been fiddling with my desktop on my computer here of late. I found this great new free software that organizes things very different from the tradition Windows XP format. The software is available from www.rocketdock.com and it allows you to place a widget-like menu on your screen that can disappear when you don't need it. And, you can customize the icons in the menu. Go here to see how others have customized their desktops.

Here is an image of my clear desktop. Click on it for a larger version.


Here is an image of my desktop with the Rocketdock visible. Click on it for a larger version.

By the way, those post-it notes you see is a freeware program called ATnotes that lets you, well, post notes on your desktop. It's come in mighty handy when I have to remember particular tasks.

The clock and the weather icons are Yahoo! Widgets.

I keep my taskbar hidden when not in use.

No comments: