Tuesday, November 27, 2007

25 Skills Everyone Should Know

A couple of nights ago I was commenting to a childhood friend who now lives in Idaho that I would love to have someone I knew who was particularly handy at fixing things. Well, actually...I didn't say it exactly like that. I said, "I'd sure love to find me a rent-a-lesbian because I have so many things around the parsonage that I'd like to fix and look nice.

Honestly I didn't mean this to be an insult--truth be told, most of the lesbians I know are better-than-me fix-it persons. So you can imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon this great post about the 25 Skills Everyone Should Know. Okay, so that isn't exactly the title of that post. The title is more sexist: 25 Skills Every Man Should Know. It could very well also read: 25 Skills Every Gay Man Should Know.

Truthfully, this is a good starting point for me. If I can master these tasks, then I'll better understand exactly what said-fix-it person will be telling me as I am directed to fix things, lay a patio, or take the stains out of my rug.

No comments: