Friday, January 21, 2005

New Web Browser

Mozilla's Firefox seems to be all the new rage when it comes to web browsers. Reading PC World this week, I became curious enough to download and install the new browser to see how it handles my surfing, website management, and general overall fun.

Downloading and installing the new browser took a couple of minutes. I have had it running now for about an hour and am somewhat impressed with it although it doesn't handle my Yahoo toolbar very well (which is important for me since I use yahoo's geocities website management tools frequently).

One really cool feature though are its tabbed windows. I can have as many open browser windows open at once, separated by tabs that make going back and forth to each one pretty easy to do. If I find other cool features, I'll be sure to let you know.

Are any of you (the readers of this blog) using Firefox? How do you like it? Any comments you'd like to share?

1 comment:

Paul said...

I've been using Firefox for a while now and I like it. Some time back I was experiencing some strange formatting on my blog site which I could not resolve in my template. Lo and behold, when I pulled it up in Firefox there was no formatting problem. It seems to load faster and they say that it is more secure than IE.

I do find, though, that there are some sites that do not play well with Firefox (like the one we use to update our church web site).

I, too, love the tabs feature.