Thursday, January 13, 2005

Poor choice or planned stunt?

When I awoke this morning, I realized I needed milk for my coffee so I threw on a sweatshirt and jeans and headed downstairs to the corner market. As I passed the newstand, I noticed the front page headlines on the New York Post in which Prince Harry had wore a Nazi soldier uniform to a costume party for a friend. You can read the story here.

At first, I thought, "That boy is going to rue the day he did that! This'll be his personal scandal for years." But then, being reminded of the rumors of the Royal involvement during WWII of his family with Hitler, I wonder if he wore that costume for a reason-- as if he knows full well the rumors, and in his adolescent way, thought he'd make a point of some sort. Percocious? Probably. Scandalous? Most certainly. Unwise? Most definately. Still... I'll bet he knew exactly what he was doing.

No comments: