Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Yuck!

I have the flu. Oh .. mah .. gawd. Yesterday I felt horrible; so bad in fact, that I went to the doctor. And it was a good thing that I did. It turns out that the suspicious world of medicine (at least to me anyways) has a anti-viral medication for the flu called Tamiflu. The catch to using this is that you have to go to the doctor within 2 days (although 24 hours is recommended) of becoming symptomatic. I called my mom and said, "Mom, I have a 102 degree fever." She said, "Go to the doctor!" She is also the one who told me about the Tamiflu.

I started taking it yesterday and I can readily admit that I feel better. I am still napping frequently, drinking plenty of fluids, and eating light. However, compared to Monday night and Tuesday morning, the difference with how I feel now is unmistakable.

You may be thinking, "Gee Bo, how come you didn't get your flu shot?" Well, you know, for the last 2 years that shot has been made available to the elderly and young only, at least at first. Then, when that's done, everyone else can get it. I just forgot to go and get the darn thing. Pastors often get sick, seeing how we are in constant contact with folks, shaking their hands, giving hugs, and generally being near them--sick or not. Next year you can be sure, I'll be in line, whenever it is that I can get in line.

In the meantime and while I am getting well, I have been using this time to get caught up with some of my reading. I am almost done with Spencer Burke's A Heretic's Guide to Eternity. And I am about to begin Dallas Willard's The Divine Conspiracy. The latter comes highly recommended by a couple of friends. I loved reading highly recommended books. So I am going to take some needed R&R and try and not watch too much TV.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer, dude. Hope you get to feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Gee Bo, how come you didn't get your flu shot?

Seriously, get to feeling better...

Bo said...

Thanks Paul and Matt, you're sweet to say so. I am feeling much better but worry that it's a trick by the Flu germs, to make me 'think I am better' only to come back and attack me if I even think of going back to work.

So I am taking it easy. I am sure I'll be ready for Sunday.