Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Arghhh!! The Dreaded 'Caps Lock'

Do you type a lot? I do. I type all the time and I like to think that I am a pretty fast typer. The fastest I've been "clocked at" is 100 wpm but that doesn't mean that I sometimes don't hit the wrong keys from time to time. One of my most-often-key-hit-by-mistake is the Caps Lock button on my computer keyboard.

I found myself over at Lifehacker today and discovered this great script that you can also download as an .exe without having to actually put the script in yourself (just scroll down the post half-way to find it). The script reconfigures your Caps Lock button. Once the script is installed, you have to double hit it, to engage it. So, the next time you accidentally hit it, it won't engage your Caps Lock.

Pretty cool, right?

No comments: