Thursday, April 29, 2004

Life Back to Normal

Well, things are finally slowing down for me- yeee-ha! This season (usually whenever I talk in terms of seasons, I am referring to the church calendar) has been great and I've really learned more about myself than I have in times past. I think I may have stressed myself out too much- working on too many projects at once. However, all my projects save one, are over. I am leading a retreat on Saturday about developing personal devotions as a journaling exercise in your daily meditations with God.

This last week, anticipating my summer, I took my bike to the bike shop for its annual tuning up, bought some fancy gadgets for it (its a racket I tell you, all the fancy stuff you can put on your bike for a "special discount price"), and am ready to ride the new bike paths that stretch all over the island. The city parks department has completed most all the routes and I am excited to get riding. NYC has 32 miles of bike paths that circle the island. I am way psyched.

So- everything seems to be going well with me. Were you wondering? Well, even if you weren't I am glad you're reading this now. (smile) I have learned that with the coming of the summer sun, many of my friends (including myself) are getting out of their winter funk and are eagerly anticipating a happier and relaxed time of year. If you know someone who has been in a winter funk, drop them a note and say hello. It'll help make them feel better to know that people are thinking about them.

The Psalmist wrote: "Let me share in the prosperity of your chosen ones. Let me rejoice in the joy of your people. Let me praise you with those who are your heritage." (Ps 106:5)

When we share in other people's joys and happinesses, we are extending their faith as well as enriching our own. Besides, it makes everyone feel better too. Can you think of someone who'd like to hear from you? I can think of several people who I am going to email and call today. I hope your Thursday is as bright and sunny as mine will be!

No comments: