Friday, November 18, 2005

When juvenille humor gets a fella in trouble

If you read this blog regularly you'll know first hand that sometime my humor leans towards a humor that some of us employed when we were much younger. I blame that on my years and as a youth minister. Once my humor gets set, its tough to move it beyond anything else.

Anyway, some folks who were looking at me as a prospective pastor in their congregation found my blog and started going back further and further in its past to learn more about me. As they read, some found stories that, ahem.. were a bit juvenille in their presentation. As a result, some were a bit concerned with my giving "too much information" about whatever I was talking about.

So, you'll notice that this blog does not let you go back to past information older than the last 13 posts. Which, I think is a good idea and might save any future discussion about a past bad or icky post.

As for the church that saw it, they still offerred me the job so it mustn't've been TOO consterning but still.. I reread some of my older posts and I was shocked to the point that even I said, "Dang son, what on EARTH where you thinking?!"

4 comments:

Paul said...

You caved? You got the job and you still caved??? ;)

That's too bad. You really can't expect us to gague your growth by the 13 most recent posts, can you? Besides. We love that old Bo! :D

Bo said...

Yeah, I know, I wussed out. However, after we spoke all they really said was that they agree I should have my own blog and say whatever I want to say, just please don't link it to the church's website (like I do now).

That said, I will have a new blog for the church website and it'll be as clean and orderly as yours is (most likely anyways) while still keeping this one to rant and rave with.

Interestingly, I actually noticed that your blog also doesn't have archives.. which is where I got the idea to get rid of mine. :)

Paul said...

Whaaa? My blog has archives....right under the "Previous Posts".

Bo said...

This must be a divine intervention thing, like a story you'd read in the Upper Room to sit on bedside tables of grandmothers everywhere.

When I got rid of my previous posts, I got the idea to look for it by not seeing your previous posts listed on your blog. Maybe it was a unique glitch for the day- but I distictively remember not seeing them on yours.

Crazy, right?