Thursday, January 05, 2006

Back from Oklahoma

Well, I am back home from my Christmas vacation. I had such a great time and to prove it, I gained 8 pounds! My mom likes to make her Christmas fudge (more than 10 lbs of it) and I usually eat all or most of it while I am home.

My trip home was truly peaceful and seeing my family and friends was great. I also took the opportunity to do some minor traveling while I was there. Last week, I rented a car and went to Dallas to visit with a highschool friend. And then, while coming back to Oklahoma City, I stopped off in Shawnee, OK to visit with another high school friend and his new wife and child. I had such a super time.

And, this is the real kicker- my mom's computer went on the blink and as a result, I had no internet connection for most of my trip. So, for well over a week, I also had a vacation from my email and being online. Now THAT truly made my vacation even more wonderful.

While I was there, I began putting together a few blog entries that I meant to post online when I got the chance. I will post a few of those postings later this week.

Okay, so now that I am back in New York, I have so much to do in a very short amount of time. Namely, the movers are coming next Tuesday to move me to New Jersey. I must spend the rest of the week packing and getting ready. Today and half of tomorrow I will be in the office shoring up my work there and even packing my office stuff for the movers next week.

While I haven't really posted anything in awhile, I'll need to extend that a bit until I am all situated in New Jersey. I'll put something up from time to time; but my postings won't be regular again for about another 2 weeks.

No comments: