Saturday, January 28, 2006

I'm ON!

Boy, I just can't tell you how happy I am at this very second. As I type this, I am sitting in front of my computer AT HOME and not paying $6 an hour at Starbucks to access the internet.

I signed up with Verizon again for my internet although admittedly I was very tempted to go with cable access. I have been so happy with Verizon though, I ultimately just couldn't switch (even if it means slower speeds). But then, I got to thinking about it, how fast is fast enough? I mean, really? I can watch movies, hear music, and download pretty quickly. Yeah, I thought about all that and am with Verizon.

And, here is what is really cool: I got the wireless modem from Verizon this time. I figured living in such a big ass ol' house deserves wireless access. And now, I can run my wireless laptop downstairs, or outside, or sitting on my 'as of yet but soon to be' completed deck outback. So, I am very happy.

What made me almost as happy was the cable television being turned on this morning. The cable guy came out and hooked it up for me. I figured living in as quiet a town as I now do, having cable will keep me from going bonkers when at 8pm I discover that everything in this town is closed. Now, when I get all ancy, I can turn on the history channel (or the cartoon network) when I get bored.

And (yes, I have one final 'and'), I just went through my email!! Woo-hoo! I feel like I am more settled than ever right now even though I've only been in town for a couple of weeks.

Anyways, that's my update. I'll write more later. Right now, I need to finish up my sermon form in the morning. Seeing how I have to be at church now by 9am, I don't have have what I used to, Sunday mornings to finish writing my sermon. So, I'd better get going. It's almost done; it just needs some fine-tuning.

Later I will write my review of the movie, Brokeback Mountain, that I saw this past Thursday.

No comments: