Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Shadow of the Wind

I was in a Barnes and Nobles while in Oklahoma and found myself looking for another book written in the history/conspiracy/religion genre that I love so much and picked up a copy of a book that had the best list of recommendations I think I've ever read about a book. The book is titled, "The Shadow of the Wind" and it is written by Carlos Zafon.

The book is presently sitting next to my recliner and I read a couple of chapters a night and it truly is living up to its recommendations. The story takes place over 50 years ago in Spain and its about a son of a antique bookstore owner who discovers a special book. The boy finds the book in a place called The Cemetery of Forgotten Books and once in his possession, the book comes alive in his own life as he grows up. The story is full of mystery and intrigue as well as having some already touching moments of poignancy. (I should be a book critic, eh?). If you're looking for a nice read, I'd definiately recommend it.

No comments: