Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Next Day

I am feeling much better today, thank you. My nerves are fine and I just had my morning 'treatment'. I am going to the doctor later today for my first blood test to determine how much the Coumadin pills and Lovenox injections are working and how their dosage may need to change. I also have a lot of questions for the blood workers and for my doctor.

A lot has happened in these few days- and I am more level-headed and prepared to ask the right questions.

You know, asking the 'right questions' is what being sick and getting well is all about. The temptation is to just trust the doctors and go with the flow. Unfortunately, that isn't how it's supposed to work, when being treated. A doctor's prescription is based partly on how we answer their questions--but it's also about us asking the doctor's our questions too.

No comments: