Thursday, January 03, 2008

Back to NJ

I just recently returned from my fabulous vacation to Oklahoma. I haven't posted in awhile--and taking a break from it has been refreshing. While I have kept up with reading various blogs, not writing about something everyone is writing about made for a relaxing vacation.

Okay, so I am back now and want to post a superfluous post.

A couple of weeks ago, Jay and I picked up a box of Blow Pops from BJs (yeah, yeah, there is definitely a joke in there somewhere--but let me finish my story, ok?). You remember Blow Pops. They are the sucker with the gum inside. I love those things but one problem I have with them is that as I have grown older, I have also grown more impatient. I can lick through one of those things in about 4 minutes.

So, realizing I need more to lick, I went and purchased a few Super Blow Pops. In the event you haven't heard of these things, they are about 4 times the size of a regular Blow Pop. And let me tell you another thing, getting my mouth around the sucker causes my jaw to pop (I have TMJ in my jaw). So, being careful not to click my jaw has caused me to lick more slowly. And, given the huge size of the dang sucker, I just spent the last 20 minutes on one Super Blow Pop.

If you don't mind the sugar rush and the permanently stained blue tongue (okay, so it's not really permanent; it's just such a dark hue of blue, it looks like it will be), then go get yourself over to The Sugar Stand and pick up a box of blowpops for yourself (and it'll save you a trip to BJs and all those uncomfortable jokes people will make after you tell them you went there to buy a box of suckers).

No comments: