Sunday, July 04, 2004

First Class, Woo-hoo!

I finally did it- I was upgraded to First Class! Wowsers, it was an amazing experience. I got some great food, wine before and after each meal, and plenty of leg room. I'd never flown first class before and now, I want to fly it every time.

What made the trip even better was this guy who was seated next to me. Sitting down, we both noticed we carried a "spit cup" on board, and grinning from ear to ear, we both felt we'd met a kindred spirit in each other. (Isn't it amazing what smokeless tobacco can do to unite strangers?) heh heh

We sat down and began talking. We learned that we both went to the same college, knew some of the same friends, both were church guys- it was a facinating experience that revealed to us how small the world really is.

I am a big fan of being open to the movement of the Spirit- and realizing that God often connects us with other people in surprising and unexpected ways. But a person really must remain open to the movement of God for this to happen. In some ways, it is like a HotSpot at a local coffee shop- the Spirit is always on, it is up to us to get connected. Through prayer and recognizing ways in which the Spirit connects us, we find this really amazing network that God keeps up and running. By seeing God at work around me and being attentive to the Spirit, I met a new friend. Together, we talked and shared our faith; and I was enriched by his.

Who'd've thought that on a first class flight to Oklahoma, I would connect with the Spirit and meet a new friend along the way. Daaaaaaaaaaang, this is just another reason I loved my flight. Pretty cool, eh?

No comments: