Friday, July 09, 2004

Gotta love them vacations

Okay, so I thought I would've written more on my blog during my vacation than just that one post about getting into first class on my flight. As it turned out, my vacation was one heck of a rest and relaxation experience.

Here are the things I did on my vacation: got up late, ate brunch, hung out with my family, napped, ate, watched cable tv, went dancing, stopped off at Dunkin Donuts to bring home a dozen donuts for breakfast the next day (they make these really tastey and heavy donuts, nothing like they serve here in NYC), and then went to bed. Repeat. Of the times I varied from this schedule, I: drank Margaritas pool side (at my brother's house), played golf, visited with old friends.

My family is doing quite well. Mom is looking and feeling good, Sig is enjoying himself, my eldest brother and his family are doing well (although he did have a brief health scare on the evening of my return flight). My middle brother, well.. he is up to his old tricks again, which, as it turns, is a really bad thing. However, that is normal for him- so.. I guess things are the same for everyone.

One of the jewels in my vacation crown was the golf outing with an old friend (and his wife who kicks butt on the golf course). We both played pretty well (although he did beat the stuffing out of me), it was fun to laugh (or not have to laugh, depending on where you were sitting), swing, and get reaquainted. Thanks Paul for a great time (he reads my blog from time to time)!

The bad thing about my vacation is that it ended too soon. And, I won't be able to have another vacation until the Fall. However, that said, my vacation couldn't've been any better.

Upon returning to New York City, I feel refreshed and ready to begin again with all the fun and serious responsibilities that have waited for me. I think I'll put off some of those serious things until I get the "donut binges" out of my system- Lord only knows how that kind of withdraw can affect one's ability to get much accomplished. :)

No comments: