Sunday, July 18, 2004

Today's the Day

Well, the day is here.. today is the last day of my pastor's employment at Broadway Church. She has taken another church just north of the city and today our church will celebrate her 20-year ministry. The Rev. Dr. Bonnie Rosborough has been a stalwart pastor who has been guiding the church is amazing ways. She has touched so many lives, mentoring so many future pastors, and nurturing so many disenfranchized men and women into the faith of God. She has got to be one of the most amazing people I've ever known- and to think that she's been teaching and mentoring me is both an honor and a joy. I am sooooooooooo going to miss her.

Starting on Monday, I'll be the acting-pastor once again. I filled this role a few years back when Bonnie went on her 9-month sabbatical. I've been well prepared for this particular function and am not worried. Our congregation has been well prepared too as well as preparing themselves for the changes we're going to face. Presently we're searching for an interim-pastor who'll help get us on track before we begin our search for a new senior pastor.

It's going to be a very interesting and adventurous time for a while. Please pray for us (and me) as we navigate these waters trusting in both God and one another to stay the course.


No comments: