Friday, August 18, 2006

Ain't Done Nuthin'

I returned from my vacation this evening after spending 10 days of doing nothing at all. For 10 days, I slept late and stayed out late. I visited with family and friends. I ate the best barbeque I've ever eaten- twice! And, I had infrequent access to the internet which meant I checked my email and work related stuff exactly two times. I think this must've been my best vacation ever of not doing a dang thing.

Well, I guess I did do things- but it was all fun things. Here are some of the highlights:

I enjoyed day after day visiting and catching up with fun gossip with my mother (doing this is one of our favorite pasttimes).

I spent quality time yucking it up and talking all-things-god with my eldest brother, my sister-in-law, and my nephew.

I got a chance to visit and get caught up with my middle brother twice. He's been away and we hadn't seen each other face to face in a couple of years.

I had dinner with my friend Russel and his wife in their new house and watched a groovy movie. Afterwards we talked life and god-talk way into the evening.

I ate barbeque at Earl's Barbeque in Bricktown AND my eldest brother served me the best BBQ ribs I've ever eaten (even better than Earl's!).

My friend John came up from Dallas and we had an afternoon to get reaquainted (he and I went to Earl's).

I had a 'power lunch' with a pastoral colleague, Todd, who has been known more to me as a friend's brother but who was so incredibly facinating and insightful that I will be looking forward to his friendship too.

And I danced away the evening 5 times and met some hilarious and kookie new friends.

So, when I say I 'done nuthin', I guess I mean to say all I did was fun stuff I wanted to do and nothing I didn't want to do. Yeah, that sounds much better.

No comments: