Thursday, August 31, 2006

Laughing Out Loud

Yesterday, I somewhat played hooky. I left work a couple of hours early and went to see the matinee showing of Another Gay Movie. The movie is very much like American Pie and Scary Movie rolled into one. The movie spoofs both gay culture and gay themed movies such as Trick (one of my favs), Queer as Folk, The Lost Language of Cranes, Brokeback Mountain, and the Broken Hearts Club.

Besides the spoofing, it is riotously funny. I was laughing so hard that my mouth was open, tears were streaming down my face, I was leaned over on my side, and yet, unable to make a sound (other than gasping for air!). Everyone in the theatre was laughing like that too- which made for an unembarrassingly wonderful time. Now mind you, the acting left something to be desired (if at all) but the jokes were what made the movie so much fun. I can't think of another movie like that.

Right now the movie is only playing in LA, NYC, and Philly. But the movie will be opening in major metropolitan areas soon (with the obvious exception of the entire state of Oklahoma). If you don't mind gay themed movies (and a little bit of funny raunch thrown in), then you're sure to have a wildly good time watching this movie.

No comments: