Wednesday, August 02, 2006

That Settles It

I have to get a television at the office.

Beginning next month, Ellen and Oprah will be on at the same time!! Grr....! I hate it when tv producers do crap like this, they put on two popular shows that the viewers like for different reasons and force the viewers to choose one or the other.

And, I am a huge Ellen fan. But I also like Oprah too.

Remember when Ellen and Wayne Brady were on at the same time? I was furious! I think I wore out my tv switching back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

I am thinking I ought to get one of those "picture within a picture" televisions and I can watch both at the same time. Actually I found a 32" LCD tv for about $650 that is tempting me beyond what I am able to withstand (I know, God promised that wouldn't happen- but I am here to tell you that I am as close to being tempted and buying that tv as much as I am when notebook computers went from costing $1200 to under $500.

Anyways, I need a tv at work. I think I can find a small 13" or 14" tv for sale on Craigslist. Or, maybe I could purchase one of those tv cards for my computer at work. I have a nice 17" LCD screen there.

As a result of this conundrum, I am now convinced of two things:
1. That t.v. producers' desire for competition and ratings make them basically evil.
2. That t.v. producers and American consumerism have made an unholy pact to get American consumers to buy, buy, buy!!

Grrr....!!

No comments: