Wednesday, July 27, 2005

When More Folks are Reading your Blog

I have noticed a strange occurance. More and more people are reading my blog (although few ever respond to it). I know this by an internet counter thingy that tells me how often my blog is viewed and by the fact I get phone calls from all sorts of people saying, "Say, I've been checking out your blog every day." And, "How DARE you write that!"

It's that last often repeated comment that has taken me a bit by surprise. I am learning that some folks just freak out when they read something they don't like AND they tell me about it. I've written political commentary (that gets the most bad reactions), personal stories (you'd be amazed at who gets offended by this), and juvenille humor (which seems to only be funny to me, for some reason). Now mind you, I don't mind reactions but the reactions I get are over the phone! Or, emailed to me! No one ever really "comments" except for you Paul, thank you. And I've even offended him, go figure. And let me tell you, my mom even reads this thing and you oughta hear what she has to say (and mom, I still don't think Bush is good for this nation.)

So what has been my reaction? Actually, I've been more and more hesitant to actually write about stuff. Sure, amazing things have happened this last week (some freaky) and others not so amazing.

So I am left with some choices: be more selective with what I write about, be bland, be an ass and write whatever the heck I want to, be more articulate and still write whatever the heck I want to. I am thinking it should be the latter, but I tend to misstate my intentions (have always suffered from this malody). Still.. I am thinking I just need to be more witty with perhaps less juvenille humor.

I know whoever reads this will undoubtedly let me know how I am doing in my new endeavor. Look for me, I'll be writing more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful.... In the end you have to be true to your beliefs and yourself. No matter how witty, funny, serious, pr devoted you try to become... In the end you need to be true to yourself. As far as I am concerned.... it's your blog and readers CHOOSE to take a sneak peek into your life without your knowing sometimes. that's their choice, but in reality they have no ned to "censor" what you write.

On the other hand...if you put it out there, know that others will have an opinion and the invisible factor of the computer audience makes it easy to express your person feelings and how they reflect on others....

Personally, I disagree with your views on Busch. He is our president and we as citizens need to support him if we agree or not. Just like we need to support our troops if we agree or not. I think you can always have your opinion, but those poeple need our support just as much as anyone else does.....

I know I'm opening myself up to a few comments by saying that...but truly thats the dynamic of our country...and whats even better..... WE ALL GET TO DISSAGREE Fun!!!! and Freedom and well individuality!!!! Let's not take those for granted.

I will step off of this soapbox now. End by saying..be true to you...techinically if you think it you have aleady said it to "Him" and of you say it to him I woul dhope you could say it to anyone.

I dunno look at the blog as a circumsision of the heart.... Paul to the Phillipians Chapter 3 I Think ( outward expessions of faith and belief )

ps; check out Chapter 4 verse 5-9 andnote to self vers 8 is one of my favorie in all of phillipians

(no spellcheck here so please excuse spelling errors)

Bo said...

Yeah, you're right, people have a choice to read what I write- and they and me both have a right to say whatever we want (hopefully in a nice way). Still, it can be disconcerting on a few occasions. I am pretty much trying to get over it (I am such the sensitive homo).

As for our troops who go where they are sent (and who have to go where they are sent or they go to prison), I totally support and pray for them. But its Bush who is sending them and for all the wrong reasons.

To "support" any decision he makes without justification is like attributing blind faith to the wrong person. When God sends me somewhere, I go because I trust God. But Bush isn't God and he is accountable to you and me, and the rest of the nation. Being accountable means that we don't follow him blindly. However, he seems to think we should (the man is just too cocky). And as a result, just look at the mess we're in.

And I won't even discuss what I think of him (and Congress) substantially increasing our national debt.

Fortunately, he can't run a third time. And THAT is something we can thank God (and the 22nd Ammendment) for.

Anonymous said...

I follow you and agree for the most part. I guess I dont follow our president blindly with any faith because he is human and yes he is accountable.... But I do wonder if he received support without the backlash.... what choice then would he make... would they be any better? Is he making such strong choices now because he has to seem in power and controll? Just wondering,,,,