Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Working Together

I know I haven't posted in awhile, there have been lots of things going on around me and yet, nothing out of the ordinary and I just couldn't think of anything to write about (that I want everyone reading). ;)

Yesterday though, something really cool happened. My boss and I were having a meeting when he raised an issue that I myself was uncertain how to raise myself. You see, we had a major disagreement last week and yesterday we talked about it. Since the disagreement happened, we've had time to "cool off" and the discussion that followed was incredible. Both airing our concerns and yet in a relaxing professional way, we worked out the solution. It doesn't hurt that my interim pastor (my boss) is also a pyschotherapist. We talked about what concerned us in the least threatening environment I have ever been a party to.

We both shared our worries, concerns, and in a friendly way (we've become great friends, by the way), we were able to come to a resolution that was fair and honored the concerns raised. And, I realized that this interim pastor isn't just important for the congregation during our major pastoral transition, he's important to me too.

Now if I can just get him to create a blog, then you'd get to meet him too. ;)

No comments: