Friday, August 26, 2005

Home At Last

I returned from my brief vacation to Fire Island last night. Collapsing on my Laz-E-Bo (as my exbf calls my recliner), I immediately fell asleep and awoke this morning at 7am. Yeah, my back is still a bit sore from sleeping all night on my recliner, but I was also next to the air conditioner, so at least I was cool.

Fire Island was a blast. I met some new friends, who were my housemates in the cottage I stayed at. I ate well, and got to do something I don't do as often as I'd like, I played pool! There was a new full-sized pool table at one of the watering holes along the boardwalk. After High Tea (this is an evening party of dancing that occurs after Low Tea). In the afternoons, I laid out on the beach where my body got its needed Vitamin D from the amazingly beautiful clear skies. On one day, I even found the courage to go swimming (the water is sooooooooooooo cold!).

I had a great and wonderful time away. Now, I am back and feel rested. Tomorrow morning I am going bike riding with a friend (and churchmember) who assures me that getting up at 7:30am on a Saturday is good for the soul and good for bike-riding. We're going to be riding around the island beginning in my neighborhood and also across the Brooklyn Bridge. It's bound to be fun. I only hope that I don't wuss out and take the subway train home half way through the ride. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: