Thursday, August 04, 2005

A New Phone's a Comin'

Okay, so I just ordered a new phone. It should arrive next Monday. Unfortunately, all my old phone numbers were lost that resided in the old phone and the phone service cannot retrieve my old numbers. It kinda sucks that I have lost all those old numbers and it'll be a pain knowing I cannot call anyone who's numbers I should have elsewhere but didn't see fit to write down. If you're reading this and know I should be calling you, be sure to call me after next Monday. Okay? Thanks.

I spoke with a friend this week who says she doesn't keep any numbers in her cell phone for just this reason; instead she carries a small phone directory with her. That seems like a hassle for me though and definitely something I'd keep leaving behind, or at work, or lost somewhere in my apartment.

Technology, on the one hand, has simplified my life (I am much more efficient now) but in another respect, it's complicated it because so much depends on each little bit of technology I have. My laptop, my desktop, my palm pilot, and my cell phone: all essential tools that I've made essential in my pursuit of a simpler and more efficient life. And yet, I could manage without them (I think) but then, I'd have my old Dayrunner to lug around, have to depend on telephone booths that never work, and be able to only do work at work.

Dang technology! And yet, thank God for it. I such a confused person.

No comments: