Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I Finally Made It!

I can't type long, the bugs out here are everywhere. But, I finally made it to Fire Island. And what a great day I've had out here. I am staying in a house close to the harbor with no one in it, save for one person. I guess no one wants to be on the Island during the weekday. Good for me. :)

Anyways, I spent the afternoon lounging at the beach, having learned a new way to lounge there. My housemate taught me how to dig a hole to sit in, and pile sand up high enough to act as a backrest. Then, laying a towel down, I was almost reclinging as I tanned and grabbed my unfinished copy of To Kill a Mockingbird.

And then while laying out, my housemate told me that the island is now wired for WiFi. Yee-haw I inwardly explained and came back to the house and got online. Sitting outside on the roofdeck I have had a revelation. I am such a web geek. Here I am on Fire Island surrounded by many. many, sexy gay men and what am I doing? I am online typing an entry into my blog. Go figure.

I'll write more later, I am sure. Right now the bugs are preparing an assult and I'd better get offline and in the house.

No comments: