Sunday, August 21, 2005

Northwest Airline is a Stinker

I am presently writing this post from the Detroit terminal where I am waiting for my return flight to New York City. The plane for the return flight is having engine trouble and with the mechanics of Northwest Air on strike, they are having a dickens of a time getting it fixed. I'll either wait for the aircraft to be fixed, catch another flight into New York, or spend the night in Detroit. Unfortunately for me, I am supposed to leave tomorrow for a 4 day vacation out on Fire Island. It looks like I'll be late getting there regardless of what happens (its almost 10pm now).

The flight from NYC to Tennessee was a disaster. So, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised about this recent development. On that flight, I was late leaving NYC and when I got to Detroit, the door was stuck shut and I had to wait in the aircraft for an hour while mechanics pryed the door open.

When I got to Nashville, my luggage didn't. It was lost in the Detroit airport; fortunately I got my luggage on Saturday. But still... I was a bit irritated from my flight experience when I met with the folks I came to meet in Nashville.

However, everything went well in Nashville. I had a great time and met some great people. For those of you who don't know why I was in Nashville, I was interviewing for a pastor position in a liberal UCC church. The search committee was great and I am confident that the interview accurately represented both them and me. Now, I just have to wait until I hear from them whether or not they are interested in recommending me to the congregation as their choice as their new pastor.

However great the interview went, I still think Northwest Air is a stinker.

No comments: