Friday, September 24, 2004

Eh, so so isn't so bad

My sermon last Sunday went pretty well. It wasn't a great super-duper sermon but most of the folks enjoyed it; it gave them something to think about. I preached on Luke 16 where Jesus encourages us to be shrewd Christians.

I used a particular evangelical book about the management of personal finances using the impetus of being shrewd Christians. The author, a former leader in Young Life, who now runs his own consulting firm, talked about the inner spiritual discipline of financial management and later, gave some fun and practical insights. The book is called, The Shrewd Christian: You Can't Have It All but You Can Have More than Enough, and it is written by Neil Atkinson. I would most definately recommend the book.

You can read my sermon about it by going to my church's website at http://www.bwayucc.org. Nativate to the Sermons section where you'll find the particular sermon titled, "The Shrewd will Inherit Their Reward."

No comments: