Sunday, September 12, 2004

I am losing my mind, yet again..

So I brought my gym locker lock home with me, I've had it at the office since I cancelled my gym membership across the street from the church. However, I had forgotton to bring home the lock combination, so I have been unable to use my lock at my new gym (near my apartment).

Figuring I had twirled the lock dial enough times, I had been trying to "remember" my combination for about a week now. For some reason, I just couldn't remember the combination. I must've tried about 50 times with no avail. Fortunately, I had written the combination of my lock on a post-it note at work and filed it away (for just such a time as this). Last Friday at work, I emailed the combination to myself (for when I would access the email from home).

This morning, I opened that email and after a few spins, whallah! I opened my lock. Figuring I had better write down the lock combination, I grabbed a notecard (I keep a stack next to my computer), I wrote down the lock combination and set in next to my computer. Trying again to make sure I would remember 'to remember' the combination, I opened my lock. Setting my lock down, I noticed some tape sticking up from behind it. Turning the lock over, I discovered I had written and taped the lock combination to the back of the lock; I had done this last week when I brought my lock home with me.

You'd think I'd've remembered to turn the lock over and see the combination without the week long angst of trying to remember my combination. But alas, I did not. Now, if I can just remember to take off the taped combination from the back of the lock before I use the darn thing at the gym.

Shhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeshh!




No comments: