Monday, September 06, 2004

The Jane Pauley Show

I caught the new Jane Pauley show today after Ellen's show. It was pretty cool and was really about a topic that I often ponder over myself. The show was about cleaning your house (or apartment) and the psychology behind being overtly neat or a complete slob.

The show also gave some interesting insights on how to get our tough stains and fix old scratches. One of the recommendations for getting stickers off your wall was to put Reynold's wrap over the sticker and then apply a hot iron on top of the Reynold's wrap. Heating the sticker, you're able to peel off the sticker as it becomes sort of gooey like.

Another idea in tackling scratches to your hardwood floor was to break a pecan or walnut (depending on the color of your floor) and rub the scratch with the nut. These nuts contain both coloring and natural oils that blend into the scratches. Simply wipe off the excess and the scratches are masked. I thought that was really cool. You can find more with the lady who taught everyone all these nifty ideas by going to Hints from Heloise.

Being inspired after the show, I went into my bathroom and began to tackle the mildew that has grown on my shower curtain. Fortunately, it wasn't too bad and I was able to eradicate it all. Now I feel all better.

No comments: