Saturday, October 08, 2005

Beware of Bloody Sunday!

New York City is in a state of panic/fright today. Maybe you've heard about it wherever you are but tomorrow, Sunday, is the day when a terrorist strike is planned to hit the New York subways. You can read the whole story here.

It's wild and scary and yet, not so wild and scary that the fear is crippling. For those of us who have to take the subways to get to work (I have to be at church tomorrow), the thought of traveling in the subway has mixed feelings. Part of me thinks this warning was concocted. Another part of me thinks that its for real. And yet, there really isn't anything I can do about it.

I could, of course, take a taxi to work (church) tomorrow. It'll cost about $40 one way. That could be money well spent or I could be giving in to the panic and fear. Such decisions.

No comments: