Saturday, October 08, 2005

Superball Spirituality

I have become a new convert... well, not really new but definitely a convert. Several months ago, I discovered a blog that I enjoy reading each and every time. The writer is a pastor from a church in Texas (I've linked him before on here and you can find his link on the right side of this blog). But today, unexpectedly, I read something he wrote a while back and found myself connecting with him- in this spiritual, artsy-fartsy yet redneck "Yeah man, Preach it!" kind of way.

Have a looksee and you'll see what I mean. The blog is Real Live Preacher and his article on Superball Spirituality is here. Any man that can cus like he does and enjoy a brewski (even though he's a Baptist), has got to be both 'his own man' and yet, have that special kind of courage that either means, "I really don't care what you think," or, "It's not about the cussin' or the beer drinkin', you snotty nose silly Texans, it's about something so much more." (For the record, while I do enjoy a good cussin' at just the right moment, beer makes me fat.)

No comments: