Saturday, October 08, 2005

Not going to Nashville

Well, for those of you following my life on here, I received a call recently that I am no longer a candidate for the pastoral opening in Nashville, TN. The pastoral search committee had narrowed their search to two candidates. After a time of discernment and discussion, the church decided to go with the other candidate. The chairperson of the search committee called me to inform me of their decision.

Honestly, I am glad the search committee found the candidate they were looking for. The church was a nice one and I think I would have enjoyed my time there; and yet, I am also relieved because moving to Nashville would have taken me away from my extended family, the friends and former lovers who make up my family here in New York City. For that reason, I am very glad that I will be around here longer.

Interestly, there is a church in nearby New Jersey who is considering me to be their pastor. I have been interviewing there and am excited about the possibilities. All in all, I am confident that God is in the entire search process, I just need to be willing to be a part of that process and trust that whatever happens, is what God desires to happen.

But boy o' boy, its the waiting and hoping that sure makes a fella nervous (even when God is at work).

No comments: