Saturday, October 08, 2005

Ka-Boom!

Something happened underground in my neighborhood this afternoon. Some say it was a fire, others say it was an explosion that caused the fire. In any event, firetrucks and the electric and gas company (ConEdison) are swarmed outside my building.

As it turns out, half of my apartment building is without electricity, the other half is without water. I am in the "without water" part of the building. I think its almost ironic that I go 5 months with a leak in my bathroom ceiling that caused half of the ceiling to collapse. Finally, two weeks ago the leak and my ceiling get fixed, only to now have no water in my building.

If you are ever thinking of moving to Inwood, the northernmost neighborhood in Manhattan, do everything in your power to NOT move into 4996 Broadway. That is the address to my building and I've had nothing but problems here.

Hopefully I won't get sued for putting my address on here and for disparaging my apartment building. I'll let you know if anything of a legal nature develops.

1 comment:

afriou said...

Ha! I live in 4996 Broadway! I just moved a few weeks ago and am "church shopping" and was reading up on your church and linked to the blog. How funny, indeed we have lots of problems with our apartment as well. Water started dripping last night and I went to knock on the Super's door only to discover the lobby smelled like fireworks and there was a black billow of smoke coming off the top of the building. So if you saw the fire trucks last night....I'm the one that called. At any rate I think I'm going to try your church this evening. But first...to conquer the bathing without hot water problem. Hope I run into you sometime, nice to know I'm not the only one frustrated with 4996 Broadway.
-Amanda Apt 1a