Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Bane of My Existence

It is a Banana flavored Moon Pie. I discovered them, once again, at a local .99 cent store in a nearby town. Wheeling my shopping cart past the plasticware, cheap shampoo, and lightbulbs, there sitting on a corner display were box and after box of banana flavored Moon Pies.

These have been (and continue to be) the bane of my existence- for just as I am about to lose another pound or am struggling to keep my weight down, I run into a sale of banana flavored moon pies.

And I just can't pass them by, you know. I have to buy a box... or two... or my in case on Saturday, I bought three boxes. They are so amazingly good tasting despite the probable reality that there is next to nothing in them good that they do for the body- secret preservatives, fake banana flavoring (that I like mroe than I do the real taste of bananas), and all that marshmellow goo.

This morning I had two moon pies for breakfast, a glass of orange juice, and two vitamin pills. typing this now I have to laugh out loud at its absurdity--and yet, I know that I'll do it again tomorrow if I have any left. Go figure.

No comments: