Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Breaking Up with Jesus

Here is an interesting story (I don't know if it's true or not) written by a guy who is a fiction writer. In the story, he writes about his breakup and love affair with Jesus. I find it poignant because I know so many people like him. These are the people, in my opinion, who have misunderstood that what is written and interpretted about Jesus can be very different (and sometimes very confusing) about the God and Christ who lives and reigns among us.

Admittedly, I also wonder if what this guy wrote would have been me, were I to have succombed to the temptation to let others decide for me what a Christian is and is not.

In any event, this link is another thought-provoking post. If you're offended by such posts, please do not read it (and then blame me because you did).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...such a great article. I was just having this very same conversation with a friend of mine yesterday when he and I were discussing Christianity.

Very interesting link, there...looking forward to reading more from your site.

Bo said...

Thanks Brady- I'll try and have more good stuff on here although I am tempted to write about how wrong the color swatch was on my latest attempt to use Martha Stewart Paint in my dining room. :)