Wednesday, April 12, 2006

More Yahoo! Problems

Remember several months ago when I wrote about someone breaking into my Yahoo! email account and changing all my pertinent information and thereby blocking me out of my own email? Well, something new has happened. My subscriptions to Yahoo! Plus email features and my Yahoo! Briefcase were all cancelled. I got an email confirmation explaining what had happened. So I called the Yahoo! folks and they confirmed that my subscriptions had been cancelled. As a result, I won't have POP3 access or larger email and file storage anymore.

When I explained that I didn't cancel anything, they simply said, that I could just resubscribe (but I won't be able to retrieve my email, spam blockers, or files). And, I'd be charged again. And, when I asked if there is some mechanism that we could put in place to prevent this from happening again, they said, "No there isn't. This is just how we do things here." Sheeesh!

I am so 'this close' to cancelling anything and everything associated with Yahoo!. The trouble is, my yahoo! email is the basis for all my subscriptions to EVERYTHING online. Cancelling it would be very tedious as I look and replace it with something else.

But I am going to do it eventually. I just know it. I am so upset and angry that I doubt my frustration will subside.

I have been looking for an email to replace it and am having trouble finding something that is compariable to Yahoo! (when they are working correctly). I found a service called Runbox. They seem to be a great service but they are $50 a year! Surely there is something cheaper. Does anyone have a recommended email client they can recommend to me?

thanks!

2 comments:

Todd said...

Have you looked into "gmail?"

Anonymous said...

Hi

did you like runbox ?

maybe we could work out some barter ;)

Although I don't know how runbox would respond ...

I have both fastmail and runbox accounts and don't need both - either will do. mail me if you are interested at ris@eml.cc