Saturday, April 08, 2006

I've got dust EVERYWHERE

For the last two months, I have had two (and sometimes four) construction workers working in and around the parsonage. Outside, they rebuilt and installed a brand new covered front porch as well as building a small back porch and steps out back. Both look amazing.

Inside, the workers have completely rebuilt and installed a brand new bathroom upstairs. I now have a beautiful tiled bathroom with the most incredible shower head I've ever showered under. Now, the workers are downstairs remodeling a new bathroom located between the kitchen and the living room.

Doing all their work, they have been vigilent to put down plastic over the rug as well as trying to put up plastic to keep the dust from spreading throughout the house. However, good intentions have remained just that- I have dust everywhere. It is on my tables, all throughout my kitchen, on my appliances, coffee makers, plants, chairs, lamps, walls... everywhere. It is amazing.

And seeing how I am not as good a cleaner as I probably should be, I worry that I'll be finding dust long after the workers have left. I am thinking I should have a cleaning party with the church ladies--invite them over, have mops and dust rags available... nah, if they even think I am planning this, they'll be fit to be tied.

Just in case I actually do invite them over, don't say anything or refer them to this blog entry. Shhhhh....!

No comments: