Saturday, April 08, 2006

Sacred Images and Interpretations


I am thinking that the time is approaching for me to change the artwork here on my blog. I am and have been searching the internet to find pictures that I like as well as those pictures that convey an artistic interpretation of my faith. The pictures I have now both show my faith as well as the nature of my faith experiences having lived in New York City for the past 10 years. I found those pictures doing what I am doing now. And, when I found them, I contacted the artist and asked her permission to post her artwork on my site. She was very supportive as long as I linked the pictures to her website, which as you know I did.

Now that I am searching for new artwork, I came across this interesting site that interprets the messages found in many sacred art paintings and iconography. To me, it is facinating how the artist might convey meanings both overt and "hidden". This might be one reason that I have enjoyed reading and rereading Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code.

No comments: