Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My Favorite Band of All Time


Okay, so who cares what music we like, right? Still, as I am sitting at my desk in the pastor's office, I am listening to Erasure on my stereo. I have been a serious lover of their songs ever since I first heard of them in the last 1980s and into the 1990s. Their music touches me in my soul is ways no other music ever has. And, it's fun, poppish- and yet, deep enough to satisfy a person seeking that deeper connection.

I find it odd that so many people actually can't stand Erasure. I look at them as if they are from a different planet or something, "How can you not even like them?!" I say in exasperation. Still, we all have our tastes, right?


I mean, my grandma loved Lawrence Welk and my folks loved Kenny Rogers (okay, so I like him too but not like I like Erasure). So, yeah, I can understand that tastes vary and can be sometimes completely off the wall. Maybe I am off the wall. Eh, who cares. I love Erasure, dang it!

...and Bruce Springsteen. I love him too.

No comments: