Tuesday, August 31, 2004

It just takes fiddling with something long enough

You're not going to believe it but I fixed my computer problem by creating a new way to do what I was doing before I goofed up my Windows Registry. I found it rather my happenstance but it works like a charm. Now, when I double-click a folder, it opens to show the contents of my folder rather than performing a search of the folder's contents. I am a happy camper once again.

And, this is yet another, "Aha!" moment when, after my time counseling with a friend, that coming back to my old problem, the solution was more easily found. This really isn't a new Aha! experience, I've always known that it exists- its just nice to have it happen.

Now I feel all better. With my challenges today and yesterday, all have been fixed and addressed appropriately enough. My goofing up with a congregant, my trite response to a friend's blog, some interoffice snafus, my computer problem.. they've all been addressed and remedied. And, here is the really cool part- most of the remedies were resolved when those I goofed up with helped me see things more clearly, and in a spirit of peace and understanding. I tell you, if all my solutions were up to me to remedy, very few would ever get accomplished in a really good way. I am so blessed to have great congregants, great friends, and awesome coworkers.

So, the day turned out pretty good after all. :)

No comments: