Thursday, August 05, 2004

Neurotically persistent

Okay, so I know I can be neurotically persistent. I know this because I have had a few jobs in my life where I developed this trait to the highest level. I have worked in those tedious data-entry jobs where you are to type entries cataloging auction results, been a bookkeeper where tedious number entries and balancing took lots of time and patience, and typed out manuscripts based on taped conversations that take hours upon hours to complete.

I say this to point out my blogging woes this morning. From my home internet connection, I was unable to upload my blog entry about the Sermon on the Mount. I kept getting this, "failure to load" message. So, do you know what I did? I kept trying to load it. And load it. And load it. Each time, I got the same message. So, I continued. And continued. Finally, I stopped only because I needed to go into work.

So, I get to work and, having emailed the text of what I wanted to put in my blog, went to upload it from church. I get here, copy and paste the text and upload it to my blog. Checking my blog to make sure it was okay, I noticed 15 entries of the same entry (it seems I was successful uploading it at home after all). In any event, I had to go and delete all my entries and had the epiphany that I am still neurotically persistent, even as I approach my 39th birthday.

Some things never change I guess.. my only worry is that I'll become even worse. I can see myself as an old man, who, unable to open my can of "mush spam", slush prune juice, or super concentrated Metamucil, I'll stay up all night with a knife and hacksaw trying to open the can when I could've just used the new-fangled lazer can opener I mis-placed on the counter top.

[[shuddering at the thought of it all]]

1 comment:

Paul said...

All I can say is that you're going to be one hillarious old dude. I want the room next to yours in the nursing home. Everyone will know who we are. We're the ones wearing our shirts on bottom and our pants on top. Thank goodness for zippers or we might not be able to see.