Monday, August 02, 2004

This should come as no surprise...

You'll notice a couple of new books on my recommended reading list (on the right side of the screen). One of those books is about appreciating grace- a book I've read once but am reading again. It is amazing. The other book is about something so very different- it is about using feng shui to better organize my way of life. I have a couple of friends who are very big into feng shui. Part of me thinks its all a bunch of crap- but then, I am quite the clutter-dog, so maybe I oughta look more into it.

So, by looking into it, I went to a bookstore and bought the book with the coolest looking book cover. I'd've chosen something else but there were so many selections and choices. Admittedly, choosing the book by its bookcover goes against all preconceived logic (remember the addage, "Never judge a book by its cover")- and yet, how the heck am I supposed to make a decision when Barnes and Nobles has 852 other books about it? Okay, so shallowness aside, I got the book I now have. It is officially called, Move your Stuff, Change your Life: How to Use Feng Shui to get Love, Money, Respect, and Happiness by Karen Rauch Carter. Another reason I chose this book is that not only does it promise my room will be less cluttered but that I might also get some money in the process. How cool is that?! I'll let you know if the book is crappy or helpful.

No comments: