Saturday, February 05, 2005

Arrrrgggghhhh! Trojans and Viruses!

These last few days have been quite hectic- my computer picked up a couple of serious trojans and viruses that I've been working like a madman to eradicate. One in particular pops open small advertisements over and over and over again. As a result, I've become the mini-web geek as I have installed and run several counter-attack programs to try and resolve these problems. I found two trojans this morning (two mind you that my Norton Virus Checker and McAfee firewall either let in or didn't even recognize!)

Fortunately, most programs are working and I am now more convinced than ever to stick with Mozilla Firefox (the ads don't pop up in this browswer). Still, its annoying and I am presently running 2 new applications continuously and am using up more and more of my RAM to do it. And that frustrates me the most- since I normally have several programs up and running, my system has had to slow down a bit to run everything.

I guess I prolly oughta go out and get more RAM for my system. Opening my CPU and installing more RAM makes me so nervous. The more I use and depend on my computer for stuff, the more I wonder if the simplication that computers are supposed to afford us users is overblown and exaggerated- or if it only means that such simplication comes at a higher than anticipated cost. hmmmm....

No comments: