Friday, February 04, 2005

What the Bleep Do We Know!?

A friend has been trying to get me to see a movie for ages, but I just don't go to movies often enough to actually "go out of my way" to see one. Well, today after coming back from the hospital visiting a parishoner, I walked by a new movie house that opened up in the neighborhood and low and behold, the new movie house plays indie movies and, to my surprise, was showing "What the Bleep Do We Know!?"

After thinking about the fact I'd be, in effect, leaving work early on a Friday afternoon, I decided to do just that (I worked until 1am last night, or is that this morning?). And let me tell you what, it was a fantastic movie!

Okay sure, its a bit New Agey, and the philosophy/religion of quantum physics is still under the religious rubric of "suspicious", still the ideas and concepts were spell-binding and will provide hours of discussion starters for those asking about God, science, and spirituality.

I found some of the ideas very stimulating and will most definately explore them more. The movie has a website, http://www.whatthebleep.com/, which you can go to and get an idea what the movie is about. This is a great movie that I'd recommend everyone to see.

If you see it, drop me a note and let me know what you thought.

No comments: