Monday, February 14, 2005

Seminary President Fired

Well, New Brunswick Theological Seminary just outside of New York City in New Jersey has fired its president for performing a same-sex wedding ceremony for his DAUGHTER! Crazy, eh? I actually know his daughter, she is a minister in a church in Queens, of the same denomination of her father, no less (like that makes any sense). She sometimes comes to church where I serve (our services are in the late afternoon affording her such an opportunity). She and her partner are wonderful people and I am still shocked that her dad got fired for doing the ceremony for his own daughter. I think a religon is mighty messed up if it condemns a dad for blessing his own children. I wonder if the seminary would have congratulated the man had he openly condemned her instead? You can read more of the story by going to newsday.com.

No comments: