Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Service Pack 2, Eating Crow

Okay, so guess what I did last night and this morning? I worked my butt off to install Service Pack 2. I know, I know, I said I wasn't going to do it but recent developments made it necessary (that and Microsoft saying they will not support any computer NOT running SP2).

So, I backed up my hard drive (I went out and bought a 120 GB USB drive) and backed up my system (it took 3 hours). And then, I downloaded Microsoft's new Anti-spy ware because my system was so infected with this new trojan/virus thing that it wouldn't LET me download SP2. Crazy, eh? So, I downloaded the thing and it found the trojan and then deleted it.

So, then I downloaded SP2 and you know what? My computer is running as fast as it did when I bought it, the trojan is gone, the advertisements are gone, and I feel pretty good (except I am having trouble with the new 120 gb drive, but I'll work on that later).

I am amazed as the difference. However, I got so used to the Mozilla Firefox browser that I want to continue using it. It is simply amazing!

Well, there you have it. I'll update more computer talk as it happens to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We installed SP2 on our church computers (and I on my laptop) right after it came out and haven't had any problems at all.

I'm a big fan of Firefox, too.