Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Okay, fine.. FINE...

Kicking and screaming does absolutely no good.

I was so bummed out yesterday as I walked back from my optometrist. I went and bought new glasses because my old ones got sat on, were 4 years old, and things began to be blurry for some reason. The optometrist said that my perscription really hasn't changed that much and the reason things are getting blurry when I read is because my really bad astigmatism has brought the need for me to get bifocals a bit earlier than most.

Sensing my horror, the eye glasses shop recommended progressive bifocals. The are the kind that make it impossible to notice whether I have them or not. And, by the way, they are expensive as hell! But the salesperson assured me that whether or not I am get progressive or regular lined bifocals, its going to be costly.

After some haggling, I got the price down considerably but its still going to cost a lot of money. With the cool as heck designer frames ($249) + the bifocal lens ($200! and this is with the $60 discount) + the optomitrist visit ($50), the final cost came to $499. They didn't charge me for the UV coating, the anti-glare coating, and the scratch resistent coating. These additional costs would've been an extra $150.

These are the most expensive glasses I've ever purchased. So, not only am I falling apart, it's now COSTING me. Grrrrr...!

So I stopped off at a church member's apartment yesterday to glean some sympathy. My friend said, "Wait'll you have to purchase TRI-focals!" "Tri-focals?!," I said. "Gads, what the heck are those?" Suddenly I felt better although I think my friend sensed it and said, "You just wait, you." It was then that I realized that I am already falling apart and I am not even 40 yet. (Sigh)

No comments: