Monday, March 14, 2005

Where's that funky odor?

I know exactly what that funky odor is, I've smelled it before. The last time, it was in my office stuck to a glue trap decomposing. Yes, I have a dead mouse in my kitchen and for the life of me, I cannot locate it. And it must've just died because DAAAAAAAAAAANG, the smell is just nasty.

So, I've moved everything in my kitchen, pulled out all my pans, move the appliances. Nothing. I've looked under my sink, in all my pots and pans, and in my cupboards. Nothing.
It must be in the walls. Living in NYC has its drawbacks and one of those drawbacks are the vermin. And, when you take into account that I live one block from the train yards, two blocks from the Department of Sanitation's furnaces, and three blocks from two big ol' parks, it isn't a wonder that I have vermin.

The thing is I hate vermin. Even more than sin, I hate vermin. My apartment is full of those stickum traps (I've checked them all, by the way, and no vermin is stuck on one). During the summer, I catch about 2-3 mice a week. Thank gawd I keep my apartment clean- I wish my neighbors were as neurotic about this as I am.

No comments: