Friday, March 18, 2005

A Ranting Site

My Wordweb computer program defines a rant, when used as a noun, as "a loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion." It also says that such declamations are "pompous or pretentious talk or writing."

When I was in seminary and later when I worked for McKinsey & Company, I and a few friends would gather after work and have rants accompanied with beer, cigars, and good food. I haven't actually enjoyed a rant of late because one of my fellow ranters is now a pastor up in Wisconsin, leaving this fine city of New York.

You can then imagine my surprise to find a blog this morning (it was emailed from a friend) about a liberal ranting about the evils of our conservative lawmakers and a whole host of other loud and bombastic tirades. I am going to read this site regularly both of content and its rant-value (which I'd give an 8- if you knew my ranting friends, you would understand my scale seeing how my friends are what I judge true rants to be and therefore are 10s). Give it a shot and visit the blog, Capitol Hill Blue. If you want something particular to read, check out this rant on the religious right. And, when you're done reading, you can locate on its website a, 'It happened on this day' feature, which is doubly cool.

No comments: